C-Star Airlines & Air Jamaica reach special prorate agreement
Caribbean Star Airlines/Air Jamaica reach special prorate agreement
• Improved Connec-tivity – Caribbean Star will adjust its flight schedules to better coincide with Air Jamaica service to/from Barbados and Grenada. As a result, travellers will spend less time at the airport waiting to make connecting flights
• Improved Pricing – travellers based in Antigua, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Trinidad & Tobago can now take advantage of lower fares when connecting from Caribbean Star flights to Air Jamaica service to Jamaica and 11 gateways in North America.
Michael Conway, CEO of Air Jamaica, commented on the agreement, stating: “Air Jamaica’s role is to make travel to and from the Caribbean more accessible and affordable. This partnership with Caribbean Star is a clear demonstration that by working more closely together, Caribbean airlines can better compete in the marketplace by providing our customers with more choices and better schedules.”
Skip Barnette, president and CEO of Caribbean Star and its sister carrier Caribbean Sun, stated: “For those who don’t think that Caribbean carriers can work together for the better good of the traveling public, think again. Caribbean Star and Caribbean Sun are 100 per cent committed to providing the very best in air transportation services for our customers, and we are extremely pleased to have Air Jamaica as a partner.
"Along similar lines, we’re also working through our membership in ALTA to find additional avenues of cooperation with our regional partners.”
ALTA (the Latin American Air Transportation Association) is a private, non-profit organisation composed of Latin American and Caribbean commercial airlines, whose objective is to combine and coordinate the efforts of its members to facilitate the development of air transport in the region.
Originally founded in 1980 as AITAL, the organisation has 29 member airlines representing total annual revenues in excess of US$14.1 billion. For more information on ALTA, visit www.alta.aero.
Spread The Word
- Caribbean Sun Airlines Announces Shutdown
- C-Star, LIAT negotiations proceeding smoothly
- Caribbean Star and Sun Airlines Launch New 1-800-723-1111 Toll-Free Reservations Holtine
- Joint Statement form Caribbean Star Airlines & Liat
- Caribbean Star Airlines Confirms Talks with LIAT
- Caribbean Star Airline Completes Fleet Expansion
- Curacao's Executive Director of Tourism says Caribbean Aviation a Tragedy
- Caribbean Sun to Discontinue Flights to San Juan from Tortola and St. Kitts
- Caribbean Star Airlines Accepts Delivery of Third Brand-New Q300 Dash-8 Aircraft
- Caribbean Airlines to Replace BWIA
- In Trinidad, Decision on BWIA 'This Week'